A cloud call center or cloud-based call center is a call center featuring cloud call center technology and is hosted and managed by a third party. Cloud call centers typically include basic technologies consisting of an Automatic Call Splitter (ACD) and an Interactive Voice Response System (IVR).
Benefits of cloud contact center
Cloud-based customer service includes a global infrastructure for your business communications, you can reach markets without having to build, deploy, and maintain these complex services yourself. The cloud-based contact center approach offers great advantages:
- Scale – You can scale up on demand without spending extra time or expense upgrading your hardware.
Image Source: Google
- Improved Reliability – By combining the needs of tens of thousands of customers, cloud platforms offer greater reliability than they can afford on their own.
- Global Scope – You don't have to deal with carriers in every country where you do business. The cloud platform allows you to purchase on-demand phone numbers from around the world and provide them instantly.
- Resilience – You can add and subtract easily to respond to changing demands without penalty. Use what you need, when you need it.
- Cost Control – You can quickly prototype, deploy and replicate with little or no impact on your operating budget. Without sacrificing quality, you will see significant cost savings.